The International OCD Foundation’s (IOCDF) Behavior Therapist Training Institute (BTTI) in Dana Point, California
The OCD SoCal, an affiliate of the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF), is excited to host the Behavior Therapy Training Institute (BTTI) in Dana Point, California on December 1-3, 2017! This training program is designed for treatment providers who are interested in working with clients with OCD and anxiety disorders. BTTI is sponsored by the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) and directed by C. Alec Pollard, PhD. In addition to Dr. Pollard, the other faculty delivering the training include:
Rodney Boone, PhD
Director, Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Southern California Torrance, CA
Jonathan B. Grayson, PhD
Director of the Grayson LA Treatment Center for Anxiety and OCD Pasadena, CA
Marty Franklin, PhD
Associate Professor, Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania
Sean Sassano-Higgins, MD
Member of the Board of Directors of the Southern California Chapter of the International OCD Foundation
Santa Clarita, CA
Gerald Tarlow, PhD
Director of the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Program at Psychological Care & Healing Center
Los Angeles, CA
Barbara Van Noppen, PhD, LCSW
Vice Chair for Faculty Development Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA
BTTI Learning Objectives:
- Participants will be able to accurately diagnose Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- Participants will be able to design and implement Cognitive Behavioral interventions for OCD, particularly exposure and response prevention.
- Participants will understand the role of pharmacotherapy in the treatment of OCD and will have knowledge of the agents used in its treatment.
- Participants will be able to develop treatment plans for children and adolescents who have OCD.
- Participants will understand comorbidity and the Obsessive Compulsive Spectrum and treatment applications therein.
- Participants will be able to develop a plan to aid individuals with treatment resistant OCD including the use of Motivational Interviewing techniques and other strategies for managing treatment resistant OCD and OC Spectrum Disorders.
- Participants will apply knowledge gained in the educational portion of the institute during small group studies of case examples.
When:Date(s) - Dec 1st, 2017 - Dec 3rd, 2017
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM