The program is based on empirically supported research, asserting that intensive specialty treatment, utilizing evidence-based treatment protocols, is effective in treating severe obsessive compulsive disorder, obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders, anxiety disorders (such as social anxiety, panic disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder), and other coexisting conditions. To achieve maximum benefit for patients, the program adheres to the following assumptions:
1. We use state-of-the-art evidence-based cognitive-behavioral and psychopharmacological treatment modalities.
2. We encourage normalization by patient participation in decision-making about treatment and by providing treatment in a caring environment.
3. We design and provide services in a way that supports, educates, and empowers the patient.
4. We attend to the individual’s physical, emotional, social, and economical problems.
5. Our long-term goal is to establish healthy functioning individuals and families.
Latest News & Blog Updates
By Melissa Fasteau, Psy.D It’s that time of year again where instagram and facebook have posting after posting with smiling faces, decorated Christmas trees, and beautifully arranged candlesticks in de-waxed chanukiot. All of these photos display family and friends’...read more
By Simon Lao, B.S. Happy holidays from your friends at the OCD and Anxiety Program of Southern California! The holiday season can be a wonderful time of the year. Kids are excited to have a break from school and many families are preparing to travel, attend or host...read more