FAQs – Outpatient
- Do you accept insurance?
- Currently, the OCD & Anxiety Program of Southern California is an out-of-network provider, which means while we are not contracted with any insurance panels, you can see if your insurance company will reimburse from your out-of-network insurance benefits. Most insurance plans do provide the opportunity to apply for reimbursement for therapy services received from out-of-network providers. In instances of insurance reimbursement, we ask each individual to pay for services and accept reimbursement from the insurance. You will be provided with a billing statement for the services rendered and fees paid to submit to your insurance. Please call your insurance company prior to your first appointment and ask the following questions:
- Does my insurance plan have out-of-network mental health benefits?
- What is my annual deductible and has it been met for this year?
- When does my calendar year start?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- Is an authorization required? If yes, how do I obtain it?
- Am I eligible for reimbursement for out-of network outpatient therapy provided by the OCD & Anxiety Program of Southern California, National Provider Identification Number?
- What % is reimbursed per visit for an out-of-network provider?
- What is the dollar amount recognized per visit (usual and customary rate or UCR)?
- What forms do I need to submit for reimbursement? (Note: most insurance companies require that you submit a Monthly Billing Statement and a Treatment Plan from your therapist together with a standard HCFA 1500 claim form completed by you. Find out if there are any other forms required and how to obtain them).
- What address should I mail my claims to?
- Are there any time limitations on filing my claims for reimbursement?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- Cash, Check, or Credit Card is appreciated at the time of service. Clients are responsible for all fees.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Please call 24 hours in advance if you cannot keep your appointment.
Latest News & Blog Updates
Stress and Anxiety Around the Holidays For many people, holidays are a time to relax and enjoy the company of family and friends. However, the holidays can be stressful and anxiety-provoking as well. Holiday parties are often difficult for people with social...read more