FAQs – Outpatient
- Do you accept insurance?
- Currently, the OCD & Anxiety Program of Southern California is an out-of-network provider, which means while we are not contracted with any insurance panels, you can see if your insurance company will reimburse from your out-of-network insurance benefits. Most insurance plans do provide the opportunity to apply for reimbursement for therapy services received from out-of-network providers. In instances of insurance reimbursement, we ask each individual to pay for services and accept reimbursement from the insurance. You will be provided with a billing statement for the services rendered and fees paid to submit to your insurance. Please call your insurance company prior to your first appointment and ask the following questions:
- Does my insurance plan have out-of-network mental health benefits?
- What is my annual deductible and has it been met for this year?
- When does my calendar year start?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- Is an authorization required? If yes, how do I obtain it?
- Am I eligible for reimbursement for out-of network outpatient therapy provided by the OCD & Anxiety Program of Southern California, National Provider Identification Number?
- What % is reimbursed per visit for an out-of-network provider?
- What is the dollar amount recognized per visit (usual and customary rate or UCR)?
- What forms do I need to submit for reimbursement? (Note: most insurance companies require that you submit a Monthly Billing Statement and a Treatment Plan from your therapist together with a standard HCFA 1500 claim form completed by you. Find out if there are any other forms required and how to obtain them).
- What address should I mail my claims to?
- Are there any time limitations on filing my claims for reimbursement?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- Cash, Check, or Credit Card is appreciated at the time of service. Clients are responsible for all fees.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Please call 24 hours in advance if you cannot keep your appointment.
Latest News & Blog Updates
The OCD & Anxiety Program of Southern California team was present at the 22nd Annual OCD Conference hosted by the International OCD Foundation in Boston, from July 31- August 2. This year’s OCD Conference was very successful and broke an all time attendance record with almost 1,700 people attending or present. read more
Most people experience fears and worries throughout one’s childhood. Children commonly develop first fears as infants after being startled by a loud noise, while a fear of strangers commonly appears around six to eight months. read more