The program is based on empirically supported research, asserting that intensive specialty treatment, utilizing evidence-based treatment protocols, is effective in treating severe obsessive compulsive disorder, obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders, anxiety disorders (such as social anxiety, panic disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder), and other coexisting conditions. To achieve maximum benefit for patients, the program adheres to the following assumptions:
1. We use state-of-the-art evidence-based cognitive-behavioral and psychopharmacological treatment modalities.
2. We encourage normalization by patient participation in decision-making about treatment and by providing treatment in a caring environment.
3. We design and provide services in a way that supports, educates, and empowers the patient.
4. We attend to the individual’s physical, emotional, social, and economical problems.
5. Our long-term goal is to establish healthy functioning individuals and families.
Latest News & Blog Updates
The Bergen 4-Day OCD Treatment: The USA Journey Begins in Houston Since the Bergen 4-day treatment (B4DT) was awarded “Innovation of the Year” by the Norwegian Psychological Science Association in 2015 more than one thousand patients have benefitted from the...
[menu name="Primary Navigation"] By Melissa Fasteau, Psy.D It’s that time of year again where instagram and facebook have posting after posting with smiling faces, decorated Christmas trees, and beautifully arranged candlesticks in de-waxed chanukiot. All of these...