Virtual Social Anxiety Group for Adolescents
Our Virtual Social Anxiety Group at the OCD & Anxiety Program of Southern California is a group for teens struggling with social anxiety. The focus of the group will be on helping teens learn how to manage their social anxiety. The group will use evidence-based practices and will involve individually tailored exposures, discussions, psychoeducation, exercises, home practices and skills building.
Our Virtual Social Anxiety Group is appropriate for teens who:
- Feel scared or uncomfortable in social situations
- Worry about being judged by others
- Feel scared of being observed by others (e.g., peers, teachers)
- Are afraid of embarrassing themselves in social situations
- Avoid doing activities that involve socializing
- Targeted Areas of Exposure: Participating in a virtual setting, asking for help, asserting opinions, playing in a group, starting or maintaining a conversation, giving a presentation
We meet individually with each participant prior to the start of the group to determine if he or she is the right fit and to identify specific areas of concern. In addition to group-focused activities, we are able to provide individualized interventions that are tailored to the specific needs of each teen.
Virtual Group Schedule
Our adolescent group is for teens ages 13 through 18
12-Week Winter Social Anxiety Group for Teens
Starts December 2020
Time: 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm PST
How to Apply
Please call us at (310) 488-5850 and specify that you are interested in our social anxiety group for teens.